Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In teaching you will learn

aka multitasking in a social network environment.

So Marcky was working through the topic "plant classification". I am told he was to read through dicots, monocots, and spores.

Meanwhile, I was scanning Li and Bernoff's "groundswell: winning in a world transformed by social technologies". Next, I began juggling e-mails, facebook updates, and Google searches.



Then I took a trip to the garden patch that we call our very own "fern gully", and clipped samples of, erm, ferns.

After a quick slide prep of a spore specimen, this is what Marcky discovered under the microscope:



Interesting, heh! Now for the bonus part. I just learned that dried fern fibers can be woven into bracelets and cellphone cases.


Photo credit: smallislander

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home